Friday, July 10, 2009

Tap and Table Gastropub

I have a few first for the summer of 2010. Its the first time I am not working 11 hour days. What a joy it is to have 2 months off, I know you're jealous. Its the first time I've played a full round of golf. That was an adventure. Even though I was unsure what to do sometimes, and it started to pour halfway through, I managed to make it through with a few good shots on the day. Don't ask me what I shot, I don't focus on numbers. Yes, I shot that badly. The best part of the day was the post golf drink at Tap and Table Gastropub in Emmaus, PA

From the very second you walk in the ambiance takes you away. It has a castle like feel with the surrounding lanterns, sconces and chandeliers. The pub consisted of a large bar topped with copper, dark wood floors and long tables with benches. For those who need constant entertainment, there were marble game boards on the bar for patrons to play Chinese checkers. Candles light the entire pub at night. Of course the pub is earth friendly by recycling the candles throughout the different holders.

We sat at the bar to order our drinks and were met with a kind, courteous and knowledgeable staff. Their selection included 93 beers, 3 on cask and a large refrigerator holding their selection of bottles. If you check their website, it states 3 cask beers, 6 draft beers and 120+ bottles available. I believe I was going based on their bored posted above the bar, but I would believe website regarding their selection. Shawn was impressed with the glasses they served their beers. I think it is because he ordered Delirium Tremens, on tap, and they served it in a Delirium glass. The pub only had 6 of those glasses, so I think they would have noticed if one had gone missing. I was indecisive about my choice for a first beer, but the bartenders were helpful and attentive, giving me honest opinions and direction. While we enjoyed our beers, we made conversation with fellow patrons and they shared their bottle of beer with us.

Along with our beers we ordered a few appetizers. Todd ordered the Kobe beef sliders. Shawn and I ordered the shrimp plate and lamb meatballs. Just a warning, this is not an appetizer sharing type of venue. The portions are a good size, but are meant for one person. What an interesting argument Shawn and Todd had on the drive home regarding this situation. Regardless of the fight's outcome, the food was fresh and I enjoyed it. The shrimp dish included 3 jumbo sized shrimp with a creamy aioli. The lamb meatballs came with 3 large meatballs on crusty bread in a sauce (definitely my favorite). Todd's Kobe beef sliders consisted of 2 sliders on fresh rolls.

Summer, golf, good beer, good friends and only a little bit of rain completed this eventful day. If you are in the area of Emmaus, PA I would absolutely recommend you stop in at Tap and Table Gastropub. The ambiance, good natured staff and excellent selection of beers has patrons coming back. Make sure you visit their website http://tapandtable.com/index.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment