Saturday, May 23, 2009

Papercity Brewery


Last night Shawn and I traveled to a dive bar around UMass-Amherst to meet up with my sister's friends. After being carded and having to show so many forms of ID we sat down at the bar to order our drinks. Our plan this weekend was to visit Paper City Brewery since they are close to the college, so when I saw 2 of their beers on tap I decided to enjoy the experience. That visit won't be happening after the taste test. I ordered their lager while Shawn ordered their IPA. After the first sip I knew I made a mistake. The beer did taste like a lager, however it had an odd drawn out flavor and lacked a clean finish and, quite frankly, left me disappointed. I passed it around because everyone had to try it now. We all agreed, the Paper City Brewery Lager was a letdown. So much so, I ordered another beer. I NEVER do that. I couldn't even stomach one pint. Shawn ordered the IPA and I'm gonna pass him the netbook and let him tell you about it.....
I was able to stomach an entire pint, and if no other DECENT choices were available i would have stuck with it. It was lacking most of the bite us hopheads cherish. It did have a clean finish, but the whole experience seemed watered down. For someone who is not a devout hophead like myself but wants an IPA, than this is the one for you to try. Come out with me though, I'm sure i can find you something better that you will enjoy. *clink*

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they went with cheap, weak American hops for the IPA. Depends though, if it was a bad batch, it will not have the hop bite. With the lager, it sounds like its lacking rich malts. Almost sounds like it's all water and and no filler. Shame man, good luck with the others!

    ReplyDelete